Thursday, February 26, 2009

Allen Genetics

"She looks just like you, Stacy," says every other person who sees sweet Sydney.

"Oh, my... She is a little Greg," says my best friend Amanda.

"Brett has your smile."

"Brett looks just like his daddy, doesn't he?"

Truth is, we're their parents so I hope our kids look like us! From the moment I found out I was pregnant, I wondered what my kids would look like. Whether Sydney and Brett look just like me, just like Greg, just like each other, or a perfect combination of us all, I still can't figure out how these genetic traits work.


Exhibit A: Greg's Eyes

  • Hazel

  • Medium Sized

  • Long Thick Black Lashes







Exhibit B: Stacy's Eyes



  • Green
  • Sparse Brown Lashes (must wear mascarra)
  • Evenly Set



Exhibit C: Brett's Eyes

  • Blue
  • Thick Blond Lashes
  • Bright and Shiny!






Exhibit D: Sydney's Eyes




  • Blue
  • Not many lashes
  • Round

So, two parents with Hazel and Green eyes produce two kids with blue eyes. I think Brett and Sydney look like each other. And, the longer I'm married to Greg, I think we even look alike.

No comments:

Post a Comment