Saturday, April 25, 2009

4D

I heard a great leadership teaching by Steven Dilla, the Preschool Pastor at Fellowship Church yesterday. We were attending the C3 Kids Conference at the Grapevine campus and it was an amazing 2 days with 17 of our team from Celebration. About midway through Steven's message, I had an epiphany: this was the same message I heard 3 years ago when I attended this conference with Elizabeth and she asked me to work as a volunteer Director on her team. WOW!

The message applied to my life in a much different and bigger way, but impacted me greatly again! The Four D's represent the process in making a dream become a reality.

Dream asks the question "What could be?"
Design asks the question "How will it be?"
Develop asks the question "What is needed for it to be?"
Do asks the question "When can I begin?"

When I heard this message three years ago, it was more geared toward figuring out whether or not you are a Dreamer, Designer, Developer, and/or Doer. Yesterday, the talk inspired me to think about the actual process. I remember specifically sitting in my chair daring to DREAM some dreams about ministry three years ago yet not having any idea how they would come to pass. I can honestly say that more than I imagined would happen has already happened in my life at Celebration Church.

I assessed myself back then as a Dreamer and Developer and I must say that hasn't changed. I am able to see a big picture and Dream big things. I know God has called me to do this and He has gifted me with the ability to Develop those dreams using a great team. I was inspired to dream even bigger and to push the envelope yesterday. I know there are people in all four of these categories on my team and I can only imagine the potential we have to move mountains as we work together.

I am so excited to get started and to watch God work through all of us!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment