Saturday, May 9, 2009

Grow, Girl Grow!

Sydney went for her six month check-up yesterday only to find that she only gained one ounce in a whole entire month. Yes, that's not a typo... one ounce. She went from 11 pounds, 5 ounces to 11 pounds, 6 ounces. I thought for sure my little chicken legged girl was going to break the 12 pound mark when I laid her on that cold metal scale. But no, the digital numbers bounced around and yelled back at me that she only gained a measly OUNCE during her fifth month of life.

She still wears 3-6 month clothes all baggy around the waist. Her diapers are still size 1-2 and the little Velcro strips touch the middle when I close them. She's small and I'm on a mission: to get her to grow.
Well, truth be told, it's a mission to get her FAT! She grew another half an inch in length this month and her head is smack dab in the 50th percentile. It's her weight that's the problem. Her chicken legs and scrawny arms just need to fatten up.

{I'm writing all this down for my dear girl so that one day
when she's staring in the mirror at her tween age body,
thinking she's all fat,
she'll know the truth-
It's all my fault because when she was 6 months old, I fattened her up.}

What's my plan, you might ask?

Step One:
Measure her milk to make sure she's getting enough.Feed her as much as she will take, even if that means thawing some of that liquid gold and going for another round.

Step Two:
Feed her solids every time she's awake. Give her as much as she will take and mix it with rice cereal to add calories.

Step Three:
Repeat steps one and two everyday until she's fat, Fat, FAT!

I don't know about you, but I'm not worried. I can do this one.

By the way, does she look like anything is wrong with her?




No comments:

Post a Comment