Saturday, May 2, 2009

A Note for Syd

Dearest Sydney,

As I watch you approach your half-year birthday, I see your changes and I am torn...

Between sheer excitement and thrill against sadness -
That you aren't the small tiny child who would sleep on my chest,
Knees pulled up for hours on end.

You are growing, my child.

On November 5th, when I first laid eyes on you,
I had no idea what kind of love affair would transpire.
You are smart and beautiful in every way.
A Baby Girl, a blessing I cherish...

Sydney Claire, Your Mother Loves You.

When I think about your future, I imagine all of the mistakes you will avoid-
All of the ones that I somehow did not.
I pray for and dream of the STRENGTH you will have to STAND UP to peer pressure
To be yourself no matter who you are around.

I know you will love our God with all of your heart, soul, mind and spirit.
I believe you will love your friends selflessly and protect and honor them as yourself.

You are one-of-a-kind, my dear.

Your Big Blue Eyes reflect a sense of wonder and pleasure at all things family...
I pray this never changes.

Your one-little-half-tooth smile makes everyone around you smile in return.
It always will.
A dimple below your right eye appears during intense joy and sadness alike... your trademark!

I love your long legs and tiny little waist.
You could be a runner someday.

Sydney, you already love to talk; I pray my ears are always hungry to listen.

My daughter, I am here for you.

You bless me with your tender touch and innocence.
When I look at your dainty hands, I think about moments we will share:

Manicures

Lifting our hands in worship

Shopping

Reaching out to those in need.

Sydney, you are going to change the world with those hands.

There's so much we still don't know-
Like what color hair you'll have {I think some will grow eventually}

Your personality and personal style
How you'll respond to pressure

And what kind of books you'll like to read.

Somehow, I know I will love your choices.

God knew you before you were formed in my womb...

He has plans for you, my love.

I pray that I never stand in the way of your fulfillment of those plans.
May I be a voice that teaches you to hear His Voice for yourself.
May my unconditional love when you make a mistake
Model Christ's love and acceptance of you.

God, may my ceiling be her floor.

1 comment: