Monday, March 16, 2009

Bee-Bo

I love the "Belly Button Book" by Sandra Boynton. It's all about how Hippos love their "belly b's" b/c they are "round and cute and funny." Belly buttons aren't always cute and funny. Although they look like a button on some people, they are more like a protruding nose without nostrils on others. I have funny stories about belly buttons: My friend's 2 year old likes to rub hers and suck her thumb to put herself to sleep. My East Texas friend said her belly button was hurting when she was pregnant b/c the baby was pulling on it. I reminded her that it's the baby's belly button attached to something inside her, not the other way around!

Needless to say, belly buttons are interesting. I am so glad someone wrote a book about them!

My new name for belly buttons is one that I learned from Boynton. Sandra says "You might not know what 'Bee-Bo' means. Or maybe you've forgotten. It's just the tiny hippo way of saying... BELLY BUTTON!" The hippos take their Bee-Bo's to the belly button beach during summer; they sing the belly button song, and they wear cute swimsuits to show them off.

The only caution is not to let your bee-bo show in wintertime. I would add that you should only show your bee-bo if it looks like this:





2 comments:

  1. Stacy,
    We also have that book and we love it! I love how they love balloons because they seem to have belly buttons, too! "The Hippos Go Berserk" is my personal favorite! Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, "The Runner" is Jessica Thacker! Trying to figure out how to comment as "Me"!

    ReplyDelete